March 2016 was Tempo’s best month in new sales and product trials, and revenue increased 40% year-over-year.
REYKJAVIK, Iceland - May 18, 2016 — Tempo, creator of time-tracking, resource planning, and financial management software add-ons for Atlassian’s project management products, JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, and JIRA Core, has announced its strongest results to date for first quarter 2016, including a 40% increase in revenue over the previous year, and a 20% increase over the previous quarter. The results were fueled by an increase in enterprise sales and its growing cloud business.
North America continues to be Tempo’s largest market, followed by Germany and the UK. Tempo acquired more than 500 new customers, bringing total customers to more than 8,600 worldwide. New enterprise customers in Q1 included Starbucks, NBC Universal, Toshiba, BAE Systems, and British Telecommunications.
We are very happy to have achieved our best quarter yet. These results reflect our efforts to optimize our product line and strengthen customer relationships,” said Ágúst Einarsson, Tempo’s CEO. “Over the last four years, Tempo has evolved from a small team to a full scale-up with more than 80 globally distributed staff members representing 10 nationalities. Over this short time period, revenue has multiplied tenfold. Today we see strong operational results and expect to see continued growth.
Q1 2016 Business Highlights
- Revenue increased of 40% year-over-year, up 20% from the previous quarter.
- Revenue from cloud sales exceeded growth expectations.
- Top revenue month to date in March.
- New enterprise customers acquired, including Starbucks, NBC Universal, Toshiba, BAE Systems, and British Telecommunications.
- 560 new customer licenses added above the 10-user starter license tier, increasing total customers to more than 8,600 worldwide.
- 10 new staff members added to Reykjavik and Montreal offices, bringing total staff to around 80.
- Continued the company’s Women of Tempo initiative, aimed at fostering peer-to-peer mentorship opportunities and awareness initiatives to increase diversity in the technology field.
Product Release Highlights
- Tempo Folio 10.3: New features, including centralized cost rates and budgeting improvements give managers and executives better visibility and control of their financial management in JIRA.
- Tempo Planner 3.3: Delivered enhanced visual team planning to help capture and communicate project plans, inform decision-making, and position projects for success.
- Tempo Mobile 1.1: Now supports worklog attributes when logging time in Tempo Timesheets via the mobile app, which helps facilitate the flexibility, non-traditional hours, and remote work opportunities becoming common across enterprise companies.
- Follow the Tempo blog: http://blog.tempo.io
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/tempoplugin
- Become a fan on Facebook: http://facebook.com/tempoplugin
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/tempo-for-jira
Tempo is a leading provider of sophisticated software solutions for Atlassian JIRA that help boost the productivity of technical and non-technical teams, offering seamless integration, flexibility, and real-time visibility into work initiatives for strategic alignment and decision making. More than 8,600 customers in over 100 countries, ranging from small startups to large-scale enterprises including Amazon, BMW, Pfizer, HomeAway, PayPal, Hulu, Dell, and Disney trust Tempo to collaborate, plan, budget, track and work smarter. To learn more about Tempo, visit www.tempo.io.
VP Marketing & Communications
+354 690 5192