Incorporating Out of Office Time and Vacations in JIRA Out of office time and vacation impacts any company. Even if you do not track time, you need to be able to know when your staff is on vacation to have realistic plans and deliveries. Here are some typical scenarios your company may face:
- Work activities need to be planned around staff vacation or out of office time or schedule and activities are distorted.
- Manager and team leads need to have overview of their staff's vacation time to manage project expectations
- The ability to change plans quickly is needed because people's availability changes quickly
The Tempo solution
Tempo provides a way to plan activities such as vacation, by defining them as global activity available to all Tempo users by project, component or version.
- Tempo provide a quick way to specify time off and vacations and to incorporate it into their planning and time sheets.
- Time off and vacation are entered as a global activity available to all Tempo users by project, component or version.
- Time off and vacation appear in time sheets without appearing as worklogs.
- Tempo users can enter their time off or vacations or if desired this may be restricted to Tempo admins
- If time off and vacation plans change, modification can be made inline for each plan by clicking on it and either change the dates or delete the time or vacation plan all together.
- In our internal testing, we found a huge difference in overall success of a plan especially in communication and satisfaction when the staff can actually see their own private plan in their personal timesheet.
We are far from being complete with planning in Tempo and we encourage users to get back to us with feedback so we can make the product even better.
The video demonstrates the following:
- How to set up vacation activity
- How the employee plans his vacation
- How a manager can plan other's time and take into account capacity
- How a manager gets overview of out of office time for his/her team
Give Tempo a Go