We are happy to announce a small but significant release with enhanced UX and refreshing improvements with Tempo Planner 2.2 for JIRA and JIRA Agile. A lean release on the road to Tempo Planner 3.0 with a stack of cool improvements and fixes.
Top of the World
You can now access Tempo Planner in the Tempo Top Navigation.
The option is displayed in the drop-down menu for Tempo Planner users with any of the following roles:
- Team member
- Team lead
- User with Browse Team permission
- Program manager
When you click Planner in the top navigation, the page display is determined by your designated role. The Program Backlog page is displayed for Program Managers and the Team Backlog page is displayed for other Planner users.
This is something that many of our users have been eagerly waiting for and we’re happy to announce this small but important update. Issue dependencies are now taken into consideration for the Iteration Timeline in the Team Backlog.
The display of issues in Iteration Timeline will respect the Blocked issue link when forecasting issues. The issue with the link is blocked by will always display after the issue that has the link blocks.
Got a blank page and not sure why or how to fix it? Now, Tempo Planner will let you know what you need to do to take advantage of a given feature with our new empty state messages.
- If no team is linked to your program, we show you where to create teams or add them to the program.
- If JIRA Agile is needed to make the feature work, we let you know.
- If your project is missing epics, we show you why and where to go.
Sum total of sub-tasks in Program Kanban
The epic cards in the Program Kanban now show the aggregated estimated remaining hours of the issues linked to that epic. The estimate is displayed in the epic card and shows the sum of all remaining hours in the epic, including linked issues and all sub-tasks.
And Much More
These features are just a taste of the flurry of smaller tweaks and improvements included in the latest Tempo Planner release. Others include:
- Sprint dates selected in JIRA Agile are respected in Tempo Planner
- Plan can now be edited by clicking the Plan Item on the Timeline
- Current day is displayed by default in the Iteration Timeline view if complete sprint view is larger than a full screen
- Link to a JIRA Agile Scrum board is displayed below the Sprint name in Iteration Timeline
- Issue key displayed in the Plan Item sidebar
- Planning on a non-working day is now supported
- The remaining estimate respects the user workload when allocating issue
Please check out Tempo Planner 2.2 Release Notes for the full list of improvements and fixes.
Tempo Planner integrates with other Tempo solutions, including Tempo Timesheets for painless timetracking and flexible reporting, and Folio, the latest financial portfolio management addition to the Tempo family.
We’re constantly striving to improve Tempo Planner with each release. Please keep your feedback coming to help us grow and improve Tempo Planner with each release.
Upgrading Tempo Planner is free for all customers with an active license. New customers can purchase or evaluate Tempo Planner for JIRA Server through the Atlassian Marketplace.