Tempo Folio helps businesses manage and track scope, schedule, and costs across projects in real-time, rolling up data on the portfolio level. Know where your money goes.
March 30, 2015 (Reykjavík, Iceland) — Tempo, creator of the award winning Tempo Timesheets and Tempo Planner add-ons for Atlassian’s popular project and issue tracking JIRA platform, today unveiled its new Tempo Folio add-on for JIRA and JIRA Agile.
Tempo Folio delivers agile project and portfolio financial management to SME’s and large-scale distributed enterprises, empowering project managers, account managers, and executives to better manage project scope, schedule, and costs in real-time and roll-up data on the portfolio level for better decision making and to better match strategic goals with reality. Visual progress indicators and custom real-time reporting display planned versus actual data during execution to help teams to stay on track and easily adapt as organizational needs and priorities change.
“We’re excited to provide the first integration layer of Tempo’s work management tools with Tempo Folio’s execution-level PPM tools for enhanced planning, tracking, and strategic decision making,” Vidar Svansson, Tempo’s VP of Product Management and Design, said. “This is the first step on our integration roadmap, which will include further enhancements to bring full project and portfolio management capabilities throughout the Tempo product suite to organizations working with traditional or agile processes, as well as those employing earned value management (EVM) techniques.”
Tempo Folio is available for free evaluation and purchase through Atlassian’s Marketplace.
“With Tempo Folio, companies can accurately plan, forecast, and track team, project, and portfolio resources with ease from one central location,” said Jean-Christophe Huet, Tempo Folio’s Product Manager. “Our primary goal is to help businesses to succeed, and we’re thrilled to enable them do that with this solution.”
Key Benefits of Tempo Folio for JIRA
Highlights of the new Tempo Folio product include:
- Complete project costs and revenue overviews: Plan and track on all project costs, revenues, and positions, including people and materials. Measure profits and ROI in real-time, ensuring funding to strategy.
- Team allocation and workload: Manage current and future team members by role to various projects and allocate their capacity. Visual risk indicators keep teams on track, alerting if team members are over-allocated or a project is headed over-budget.
- Rates and overtime rules: Manage hourly rates per team member manually or based on their logged work on JIRA issues. Define overtime rules to make sure HR costs don’t get out of hand.
- Earned Value Management (EVM): Top line metrics display current and projected costs and schedule performance in real-time, with estimated variances at completion. Additionally, traditional cost and revenue reporting can be used in lieu of EVM.
- Baseline versioning and labelling: Budget well with what-if scenarios. Compare and contrast different budget versions, approving the budget that best suits business needs. Save drafts and revert to them, if needed.
- Portfolio management: Group projects with portfolios, gaining high-level views of overall progress and performance, including team statuses aggregated financials, forecasts, indices, and reports. Visual status indicators enable teams to quickly identify risk areas and react to them.
- German translation: Tempo Folio has been fully translated into German for German speaking organizations.
- Tempo integration: Integrate with Tempo Timesheets for easy time tracking, Tempo Planner for agile capacity, release, and program planning, and Tempo Books for budget, utilization, and billing management.
- JIRA Agile Integration: Sync up folios with Scrum or Kanban boards and keep track of their scope, schedule, and cost with visual agile project financial management.
For large deployments, Tempo Folio offers a number of enterprise features, including:
- JIRA Data Center compatibility for the largest JIRA customers
- A simplified and intuitive user interface for easy onboarding
- Data visibility and control with flexible permissions settings
- A fully robust API for integrations
Availability and Pricing
Tempo offers a free 30-day trial of Tempo Folio through the Atlassian Marketplace. Tempo Folio can be purchased for JIRA Server starting at $10 annually for 10 users. Tempo Folio is available for 20% off promotional discount through May 31, 2015.
Tempo is a recognized leader in project and portfolio management solutions for Atlassian’s JIRA platform, with customers ranging from small startups to large-scale distributed Fortune 50 enterprises with over 10,000 Tempo users. Over 6,000 organizations in over 100 countries—including Disney, eBay, Amazon, AT&T, Nordstrom, BMW, Dell, and Pfizer—use Tempo’s agile solutions to work smarter and more efficiently. Tempo Timesheets was voted the top Atlassian Marketplace add-on of 2012 and was the top-grossing Marketplace add-on of 2013. Tempo Planner was the top-grossing new Atlassian Marketplace add-on of 2014.
Tempo has partnered with more than 80 Atlassian Experts around the globe for resale, training, and consultancy in local languages.
VP Marketing & Communications
+354 545 3048