The Worklog Distribution Gadget is the latest gadget made for Tempo Timesheets 7.8 and is one of the most useful gadgets. It is as the name indicates, a good way to analyse or get an overview for worklog distribution. It can be useful to see the distribution of worklogs to know how much time is being spent on a certain Issue, Project, Account, or by User. Configuring the Worklog Distribution Gadget is really simple here’s how:
Add gadget to Dashboard
This gadget can be added in a few different ways to a dashboard. Using the Add Gadget button from the JIRA Dashboard is probably the easiest way. The gadget can also be added from the search JIRA Issue result screen, with an existing filter and by creating one on the fly through the process. This opens the Gadgets dialog, where you can choose the Worklog Distribution Gadget from the left panel. (Note that an error message is displayed until the right gadget has been chosen)Note that if the current user is not in the set Project role to view other users, s/he will not see other users as on the screenshot above.
Next select a dashboard for the gadget and if the filter doesn’t have a name, it needs to be given one in the process.
The default configurations for the Worklog Distribution Gadget looks like the following. This table shows the configuration options for each entry or field.
The Worklog distribution gadget can be displayed in numerous ways in order to fit the users needs. For example lets display a gadget which is grouped by Issue where the period selected is Current month and lets display it as a Column Chart. The filter name is an active link, which opens the Advanced Timesheet for the filter displayed. If you want to change the current gadget then you can edit any of the configuration options, by opening the gadget menu in the top right corner and click the Edit option.
Options can be edited as needed and then saved for a new display. For example the chart displayed here below is the same data but displayed as a Donut Chart. If you want to knock out some values, you can. Knocking values can be done for both the Pie and Donut Chart. To knock a value out, click on it’s coloured circle and it is no longer included in the displayed image. To include it again, simply click on the dot again. The percentage displayed for each value, is always based on the total number of values included.
And that’s it! Be sure to check out our other Tempo Timesheets Tips of the Month for more neat features.
TEMPO TIMESHEETS TIPS OF THE MONTH
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Configuring Dashboard Gadgets
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Configuring the Tempo Scheduler
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Timesheet Approvals
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Keeping Track of Billable Vs. Non-Billable Time
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Customer Invoicing
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Accessing your Account and Project Data
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Real-Time time tracking
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Customizing Your Project Planning Colors
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Time Tracking With GreenHopper
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Setting Your JIRA Homepage to Tempo
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Creating a Timesheet from a Filter
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Vacation Planning in Tempo
- Tempo Timesheets Tip of the Month: Keyboard Shortcuts